Errors with 'Duplicate Calculation Exist'

Options

I'm currently getting the 'Duplicate Calculation Exists' error. when building and saving a beast mode to a dataset. However this dataset currently does not have any beast modes saved to it. In addition, there are no cards to this dataset that currently use a beast mode with this name.

• I understand that this error will pop up when a card already uses a beast mode with the same name and you try to save another beast mode to the dataset. There are currently only two cards built on this dataset and none of them use any beast modes.
  • There IS a beast mode with this same name but it currently exists on another card. Did the 'Duplicate Calculation Exists' error behavior change to include beast modes across the entire instance?
  • Yes we can change the name of the beast mode and save it as something new. However, we want to avoid this as it will cause us to manually fix column references on individual cards as we move/copy them from one dataset to another.

I think the following threads are similar but the answers given weren't relevant in my issue.

Is anyone else experiencing something similar?

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you don't have a column already named the same as your beast mode or another beast mode named the same I'd recommend logging a ticket with support. I've occasionally seen this happen and needs Domo Support assistance.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

It isn't just duplicate beast mode names. If a non-beastmode field exists in the data with the same name you will get the error as well.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

If you don't have a column already named the same as your beast mode or another beast mode named the same I'd recommend logging a ticket with support. I've occasionally seen this happen and needs Domo Support assistance.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Dpliegon
    Options

@ColemenWilson, yeah its not a column in the dataset.
    I think i'll have to create a ticket in as suggested by @GrantSmith