Table Subtotaling

Options

Having an issue when trying to subtotal the time columns. I want to be able to see the total off all the times rather than the count of each row? etg. 00:00:20 + 00:11:57+ 00:05:07… I moved my beast mode into ETL formula to try and get the field to work, but I cant get anything besides 'text' field to work.

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Convert the time values to numerical format. Then sum up the numerical values.
    Convert time values to seconds:

If your time values are in the format "HH:MM:SS", you can use the following formula to convert them to seconds: (hours * 3600) + (minutes * 60) + seconds.
    For example, for the time value "00:04:25", the calculation would be (0 * 3600) + (4 * 60) + 25 = 265 seconds.
    Sum up the seconds:

You can use the aggregation function SUM() in DOMO to sum up the converted seconds.
    Convert the total back to the time format (if necessary):

After obtaining the total in seconds, you might want to convert it back to the "HH:MM:SS" format.
    You can use the following formula to convert seconds to the time format:

hours = total_seconds / 3600
    minutes = (total_seconds % 3600) / 60
    seconds = total_seconds % 60

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Convert the time values to numerical format. Then sum up the numerical values.
    Convert time values to seconds:

If your time values are in the format "HH:MM:SS", you can use the following formula to convert them to seconds: (hours * 3600) + (minutes * 60) + seconds.
    For example, for the time value "00:04:25", the calculation would be (0 * 3600) + (4 * 60) + 25 = 265 seconds.
    Sum up the seconds:

You can use the aggregation function SUM() in DOMO to sum up the converted seconds.
    Convert the total back to the time format (if necessary):

After obtaining the total in seconds, you might want to convert it back to the "HH:MM:SS" format.
    You can use the following formula to convert seconds to the time format:

hours = total_seconds / 3600
    minutes = (total_seconds % 3600) / 60
    seconds = total_seconds % 60

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **