I am trying embed a dashboard and apply filters using the pfilter param and it is not working

Options

Currently I am having issues getting the pfilter query param with the embed working in an iframe. I have followed many of the examples out there and have replaced every special character in the value with their ascii counter parts but nothing has seemed to work
Here is an example of what I have been trying:
[{%22column%22:%22FIELD.Name%22,%22operand%22:%22EQUALS%22,%22values%22:[%Field.Value%22]}]

Can a period in the field names be causing an issue?

Best Answer

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know when doing it on a card you need to the ` to the fields like

pfilters[{%22column%22:%22JobNum%22,%22dataType%22:%22STRING%22,%22operand%22:%22IN%22,%22values%22:
    [%22',`JobNum`,'%22]}]">',JobNum,'</a>')

but not 100% certain if you have to do it in embed.

Answers

• trafalger
    Options

My go-to troubleshooting method for this is to put a static value in for your field, to determine where it's erroring out.

Can you rename the column (or try another column) temporarily and see if that helps? I could see the period causing issues

• chrisb
    Options

I have tried all that with the exception to renaming the column as this data set is used elsewhere.

• chrisb
    Options

And I just tried renaming the column to remove the periods and it did not work still

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I know when doing it on a card you need to the ` to the fields like

pfilters[{%22column%22:%22JobNum%22,%22dataType%22:%22STRING%22,%22operand%22:%22IN%22,%22values%22:
    [%22',`JobNum`,'%22]}]">',JobNum,'</a>')

but not 100% certain if you have to do it in embed.