DDX Form Brick Only Updates If I put in two request.

Options

Hi,

I am using the DDX form Brick and modified it using Ellibot video on Youtube. It only runs when I fill out the form twice. Is there a reason for that? If I fill it out once it will not collect the data. If I fill it out twice it then runs and collects both sets of data. I am afraid that some responses will be lost since it doesnt run after the first response. I have tried this with waiting a minute and with running it instantly. Same result, only works when the second one is ran.

Thank you,

Best Answers

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze in order to sync data to the AppDB dataset, you can run:

collectionService.runSync();

I have noticed that sometimes it will not sync every time you run this command, but it does store the data and add it during the next run. I've also heard that AppDB datasets are only supposed to update as often as 15 min, so that may have something to do with it as well.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If an AppDB collection is set to sync this will happen automatically every 15 minutes. There is the endpoint to force a sync but if that 15 minute sync or any other sync is in progress the dataset will be locked until that other sync completes. I'm not sure I'm following the issue in the original post. Is the data not getting to the collection on the first attempt or is it the dataset being synced to that is missing the data?

Answers

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColinHaze in order to sync data to the AppDB dataset, you can run:

collectionService.runSync();

I have noticed that sometimes it will not sync every time you run this command, but it does store the data and add it during the next run. I've also heard that AppDB datasets are only supposed to update as often as 15 min, so that may have something to do with it as well.

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

If an AppDB collection is set to sync this will happen automatically every 15 minutes. There is the endpoint to force a sync but if that 15 minute sync or any other sync is in progress the dataset will be locked until that other sync completes. I'm not sure I'm following the issue in the original post. Is the data not getting to the collection on the first attempt or is it the dataset being synced to that is missing the data?