Heat map totals to use AVERAGE instead of SUM

Options

Hi folks. I have a heatmap with the values as averages of values within the data.

I've asked domo to add a 'Total Row' and a 'Total Column' (red outline below) but rather than these also being averages - domo is totalling the rows/columns. I need them as averages.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Charlie Bantoft Total rows and columns will use the same aggregation as the "Values" field by default. In other words if the other values are being summed, then your totals will also be using a sum. You could try swapping a beast mode with a fixed function into the values field like this:

avg(sum(`value_field`) fixed (by `row_field`, `column_field`))

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Charlie Bantoft Total rows and columns will use the same aggregation as the "Values" field by default. In other words if the other values are being summed, then your totals will also be using a sum. You could try swapping a beast mode with a fixed function into the values field like this:

avg(sum(`value_field`) fixed (by `row_field`, `column_field`))

• Charlie Bantoft
    Options

Hi @michelleH - thanks for your responses. I can't seem to get total rows and columns to use the same aggregation and I've tried your formula (thank you) but it's still not right (same result as before actually). I'll tinker around with it. Thanks again.