Beast Mode

Options

Hello All,

I am trying to find a better way to code this because I think the calculation may be faltering somehow.

Alpha calculation is just a sum of amounts

Beta calculation is just case pulling numbers from different fields.

Mas field- what I am trying to achieve is simply to divide Alpha by Beta

It seems to work somehow but when check some of the numbers, they seem a little off and I am suspecting there is something I'm overlooking or a better way to rewrite the beast modes.

For example 7007/8 = 876 rounded but the table shows MAS as 926.

Please help

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited January 17 Answer ✓
    Options

First your Denominator is not really the same as your Beta formula, the main difference is that in the Beta formula, when LOCID is N you are not doing any sort of aggregation, but you do this on the others. First I'd update the Beta formula to match exactly what you have in the denominator, applying the SUM outside the CASE statement so it'll always be an aggregation function and see if this changes the value that you see there, the other difference in it is that you're also using a case for when the value is S in the denominator that is not in your Beta formula. Try this and see if the numbers are still not closing.

Also make sure you're not rounding the numbers of decimals displayed in the table. Since if you've selected Beta to show no decimals, then the 8 you see in the table, might actually be something around 7.57, which does yield a result of 926. If you need to work with rounded numbers you'll need to add the ROUND function to your Mas beast mode.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited January 17 Answer ✓
    Options

First your Denominator is not really the same as your Beta formula, the main difference is that in the Beta formula, when LOCID is N you are not doing any sort of aggregation, but you do this on the others. First I'd update the Beta formula to match exactly what you have in the denominator, applying the SUM outside the CASE statement so it'll always be an aggregation function and see if this changes the value that you see there, the other difference in it is that you're also using a case for when the value is S in the denominator that is not in your Beta formula. Try this and see if the numbers are still not closing.

Also make sure you're not rounding the numbers of decimals displayed in the table. Since if you've selected Beta to show no decimals, then the 8 you see in the table, might actually be something around 7.57, which does yield a result of 926. If you need to work with rounded numbers you'll need to add the ROUND function to your Mas beast mode.