Trying to call accounts API from brick

Options

I am trying to call the accounts API from a brick in JS.

normally call datasets via window.domo. However, no such luck with accounts API.

Need to be able to fetch account creds from storage in domo, for use in accessing external APIs.

Anyone found a solution for this?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't believe this is possible within a Brick due to the security concerns around the storage and usage of account credentials.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't believe this is possible within a Brick due to the security concerns around the storage and usage of account credentials.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • user079817
    Options

Thanks Grant. Do you know if it's possible with a custom app, or have a means you've used of storing creds, retrievable in a domo app, without exposing creds in the code?

Kind of a dealbreaker on customization, as many of my calcs at bare minimum make calls to google cloud functions, to execute with additional compute + alt run times on the server side.

One area I was looking at, is that custom connectors store creds securely, and call from metadata, but unsure if there is a way to call for creds in an app that is already authenticated into domo's API.. considering it's on the instance.

• McSQL
    McSQL Contributor
    Options

This isn't available today to my knowledge. Are you able to use the external APIs to pull the data into a domo data source?

**Say “Thanks" by clicking the thumbs up in the post that helped you.
    **Please mark the post that solves your problem by clicking on "Accept as Solution"