How can I set a default value on a filter card?

Options

I have a data set the contains a column showing the status of a training class. The possible status are active, pending, or inactive. I need to set the default value of a dropdown filter to active, but allow the user the ability to select one or more of the values to control the results they see in the dashboards. The dashboard is embedded within the app and we do note allow the end user to have access to page filters.

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@D_Markley34 I'd suggest setting up a default Filter View to show only active statuses, but users can change that filter if needed

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo doesn't provide a way to set a default for a filter card on a page except for using the page filters. You may be able to set a default page filter as @MichelleH mentioned which should affect the embedded dashboard.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • D_Markley34
    D_Markley34 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you both for your responses. We have setup the dashboard using page filters. I am waiting for my dev team to deploy the embedded dashboard for testing.

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@D_Markley34 I'd suggest setting up a default Filter View to show only active statuses, but users can change that filter if needed

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo doesn't provide a way to set a default for a filter card on a page except for using the page filters. You may be able to set a default page filter as @MichelleH mentioned which should affect the embedded dashboard.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • D_Markley34
    D_Markley34 Member
    Answer ✓
    Options

Thank you both for your responses. We have setup the dashboard using page filters. I am waiting for my dev team to deploy the embedded dashboard for testing.