Display a zero value

Options

How do I display a zero value for a location which has no data. I have 7 locations with only 6 displaying because the 7th location has no data. How do I get the location to display in the table an show a 0% value?

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You would need to create the zero entry in an ETL. You could do this with a join tile so that every location has a row for each type of value you want to report on.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Patricia_Zavisky

In the etl perhaps you could use an add formula file and name the column name then in the formula write this….

IFNULL(column name, 0)

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You would need to create the zero entry in an ETL. You could do this with a join tile so that every location has a row for each type of value you want to report on.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Patricia_Zavisky

In the etl perhaps you could use an add formula file and name the column name then in the formula write this….

IFNULL(column name, 0)

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• Patricia_Zavisky
    Options

Hi Mark,

I have successfully created the column and the column with a zero value is appearing.

I had an issue. The percentage count was not a distinct count e.g. I then created a a beast mode calculation - COUNT(DISTINCT(CASE WHEN Hierarchy of Control_Elimination count = 1 then Parent Record: Uniq IDEND))

This gave the percentage. However, when I untick the 'Show Totals' to stop showing the Grand Total via properties, Total Row my calculation changes. Do you know why?

• Patricia_Zavisky
    Options

Hi Mark, worked a solution. Instead of showing the value as a % of Total column in the formating of the calculation I edited the beast mode calculation -

COUNT(DISTINCT(CASE WHEN Hierarchy of Control_Elimination count = 1 then Parent Record: Uniq IDEND)) / COUNT(DISTINCT Parent Record: Uniq ID) * 100

Thank you all for your assistance.