Built in data table functionality & arrows

Options

Hey guys. Weird ask here. Boss is wondering if I can make a visual that gets rid of the light blue bar (Revenue) but keep it in the data table below. Reason being is so I can have two scales for the values instead of the three, which is why the scale for the light grey bar is messed up. She is also asking for up and down arrows based on if the value went up or down from the previous month. Is this even possible in DOMO?

Best Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are not many options to customize what is shown in the Data Table, your best bet would be to use two separate cards, one for the line and bar and another for the table that displays the data, and even then, having the arrows would require you to set your data for month over month comparison and most likely use a best mode to transform the calculation into a text that will the arrows. There are several threads in the forums that talk about how to do Period over Period different ways so one of those might help more.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'd agree. Have two separate cards, one for the line + bar and the other for an HTML table where you can have up and down color-coded arrows.

Here's a post I did talking about architecting your data for PoP comparisons, which gives you more flexibility:

And here's another post about how to do custom colorization within a beast mode:

You can include a custom unicode character of an up or down arrow depending on the direction along with the color.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

What's tricky about this is you have three completely different scales you're comparing, and it's difficult to visualize more then two different scales on the same 2-dimensional plane. I might suggest a faceted bar graph instead, which gives a more honest representation of three different scales than laying them on top of each other, and has the option of a data table.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are not many options to customize what is shown in the Data Table, your best bet would be to use two separate cards, one for the line and bar and another for the table that displays the data, and even then, having the arrows would require you to set your data for month over month comparison and most likely use a best mode to transform the calculation into a text that will the arrows. There are several threads in the forums that talk about how to do Period over Period different ways so one of those might help more.

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

I'd agree. Have two separate cards, one for the line + bar and the other for an HTML table where you can have up and down color-coded arrows.

Here's a post I did talking about architecting your data for PoP comparisons, which gives you more flexibility:

And here's another post about how to do custom colorization within a beast mode:

You can include a custom unicode character of an up or down arrow depending on the direction along with the color.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • DavidChurchman
    Answer ✓
    Options

What's tricky about this is you have three completely different scales you're comparing, and it's difficult to visualize more then two different scales on the same 2-dimensional plane. I might suggest a faceted bar graph instead, which gives a more honest representation of three different scales than laying them on top of each other, and has the option of a data table.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.