How to connect GiveCloud to Domo using their API?

Options
AP
AP Member

Hi there! We are looking for some support connecting GiveCloud (hosts Donor info) to Domo using their API for an organization that is part of our Domo for Good program.

The organization is Rising Star Outreach and the volunteer supporting them is John Le at Dashboard Dudes @DashboardDude.

We checked to see if there were easier ways to export data and there aren't. We tried a bit and failed. Would anyone with expertise in this area be able to help support them?

Tagged:

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

Have you considered using the JSON connector if their API returns JSON data?

JSON No Code Connector

JSON OAuth No Code Connector

Alternatively, you can just create a custom connector to process the API data if you need additional cleaning/transformation. It's a bit more technical route but more flexible.

Custom Connector

A third option is to utilize a scripting language like Python and the pydomo package which would require architecture to schedule and run the script and the technical knowledge to create the script.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • AP
    AP Member
    Options

Thanks so much for the speedy reply, Grant! I'm hoping @DashboardDude is able to chime in with his thoughts on this solution.

• @GrantSmith ,

Thanks so much my friend. I am not strong at APIs so we have an API Key, but we get stuck from there on how to entering that key and getting some data back. We just need someone technical. If you have ability, would you be willing to help me out? We may need only 10 min

John Le

You're only one dashboard away.

Click here for more video solutions: https://www.dashboarddudes.com/pantry

• GrantSmith
    Options

Sure, we can chat. I'll send you a DM.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**