Remove individual members from view

Options

I have created a view as an admin on top of an ETL and this view is shared with four groups. However, after some time I observed that individual users are being added within the user group, even though they are already members of the group. What should I do to prevent individual members from being added?

Tagged:

Best Answer

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@SayyedHussain If you want to prevent new members from being added to groups, change the group from an Open Group to a Closed Group so that new members can only be added by the owners.

• SayyedHussain
    Options

Hi @MichelleH It is already placed in a closed group but when a member of the group creates a new card, it appears individually in the share list of the ETL or view

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

When users share cards with other users, those new users are automatically given access to the dataset. There are a few requests in the ideas exchange I think regarding changing this behavior, but for now there's not really a work around. You can find more info here: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/360042932994?language=en_US