Newbie - DDX Bricks - How do I remove demo datasets?

Options
DuncanDomo
DuncanDomo Contributor

I'm new to DDX bricks and just playing with the Blank HTML brick (ddx-html-blank)..

It has 3 datasets mapped in the data tab below.. I only need one..

So I remapped dataset1 to my production dataset.. Great!

But the other 2 are unnecessary & causing fake columns to be added to Page Filters.

So how do I remove the unwanted demo datasets? Tried App DB admin / Asset view but can't see an option to add/remove mapped datasets?

Please help? DDX Brick newbie :-)

Tagged:

Best Answer

• michiko
    michiko Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can't find a way to remove the extra DS as well but I have been using this work-around. Try using DDX "Unique List Sorted App" There is only DS in there. All you need to do is to replace the HS, HTML & CSS

Answers

• michiko
    michiko Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

I can't find a way to remove the extra DS as well but I have been using this work-around. Try using DDX "Unique List Sorted App" There is only DS in there. All you need to do is to replace the HS, HTML & CSS

• that's interesting the page filters are interacting with them if your javascript code in the brick is only referring to dataset1. There is not a way to add/remove datasets, which is an unfortunate limitation of bricks. The easiest fix I would suggest for you is to make a domo webform or an excel file that has 3 columns and map the datasets to that.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • GrantSmith
    Options

For additional clarity,

DDX Bricks are pre-built custom domo apps. The dataset mappings are defined within the manifest file when the app is built so you're not able to make changes to the mappings. As @michiko mentioned you can use a different DDX brick with just a single dataset mapped to it or as @MarkSnodgrass mentioned you can just map the other datasets to a bogus dataset with the same names.

If you want a cleaner option and more control you could transition into your own custom app which allows you to define the mappings yourself but requires a bit more initial setup and technical skill.

You can read up more about this here: https://developer.domo.com/portal/d54m2ohkacza0-welcome

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**