Domo Beast Mode - Formula validated but nothing reporting out

Options

Morning!

We are trying to create a restocking report so that our store employees can restock the floor as items sell.

Below are 2 versions of the copy of our formula and the report in analyzer.

1st version below

- utilizes the filters option and I placed the beast mode into filters and apply a >1 to reflect Qty Sold >0 units.
*This was created on Nov 10th and worked until Nov 15th; so I'm curious why it stopped working as well.

2nd version below

- I removed the beast mode in filters and rewrote the formula to include the greater than statement. It was validated, however the results show zero in the Qty Sold column again.

I appreciate advice and tips on any nuances of Beast Modes, when it's best practice to use them as filters, best practice to write more in a formula, etc.

Thank you for your time and efforts with this project.

Happy Thanksgiving!

Best Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When I'm dealing with beast mode logic issues I'll typically break out each part of the beast mode into separate beast modes and use a table chart to see which parts match and which do not to see if there's an issue with the logic.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can look up the dataset and this specific beastmode in beastmode manager to see when last it was modified. It's possible the beastmode was changed on the around the 15th and that's why it stopped working.

It appears you have several other beastmode columns, variables, and quick filters applied to these cards as well, try removing some of them one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Cards sometimes become corrupt, rebuilding the card from scratch could also be a solution.

Finally check the underlying dataset and corresponding dataflow powering this card to see if any changes were made to them around the 15th. It's possible you can roll back these changes if they've had an adverse impact on the data.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

When I'm dealing with beast mode logic issues I'll typically break out each part of the beast mode into separate beast modes and use a table chart to see which parts match and which do not to see if there's an issue with the logic.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can look up the dataset and this specific beastmode in beastmode manager to see when last it was modified. It's possible the beastmode was changed on the around the 15th and that's why it stopped working.

It appears you have several other beastmode columns, variables, and quick filters applied to these cards as well, try removing some of them one by one to see if one of them is causing the issue.

Cards sometimes become corrupt, rebuilding the card from scratch could also be a solution.

Finally check the underlying dataset and corresponding dataflow powering this card to see if any changes were made to them around the 15th. It's possible you can roll back these changes if they've had an adverse impact on the data.

• Laura_M1
    Options

@jessdoe - thank you! At least I knew I was going in the correct path - I had done the top 3! The last is very new to me so I will have to wait until someone can assist with that part.

@GrantSmith - thank you! I'm not sure where to find the table chart; so I will have to wait to for some assistance.

I did open our Data table and we are receiving some numbers and some NaN in the same Qty sold column. Do you have a guess as to why some skus will report numbers and some report NaN using the same Beast Mode, within the same category of product?

Thank you again! I truly appreciate your time, assistance and patience's as we work through a very busy season!

• jessdoe
    jessdoe Contributor
    Options

If you add an else 0 before the "end" in your formula, that should fix the NaN issue

• Laura_M1
    Options

@jessdoe - that was it! This community is awesome!

Thank you from the newbie, these wins feel great - especially on a Friday!