Can DDX Bricks apps bring up blank outlook email?

Options

We are trying to utilize DDX Bricks and I wrote some code in javascript to when clicked open outlook and a blank email to a specific address. I have troubleshot my code decently, but now I wonder if it's possibly Domo not allowing it?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Morgan I believe mega tables are the only card type that works with HTML links.

I've also encountered this same issue when working with <a> tags in DDX Bricks (I usually just add a note at the bottom of the brick saying they'll need to right click and open in a new tab).

Answers

• I have done this with non-DDX brick cards in Domo. It will use the default email client settings on users computers so there may be issues there to resolve. Here is a beastmode that will do what you are looking for:

CONCAT('<a href="mailto:emailaddress?subject=emailsubject','&body=','"</a>')

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    Options

Due to security concerns, Domo only allows the HTTP, HTTPS, and MAILTO protocols. As @ColemenWilson mentioned you can use the mailto and pass in different parameters for the different email parts.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Morgan
    Options

I am having trouble getting this to work.. I am sure it's user error lol

• If you could provide the beastmode, chart type you are using and what isn't working - that would be helpful. Thanks!

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• Morgan
    Morgan Member
    edited November 2023
    Options

@ColemenWilson

I think that the issue I am running into is that the only card I can get it to work on is a table. Are there any other cards that allow the html link to be used?

This is how the DDX I created looks and I would like to replicate that if possible. Currently, my DDX bricks card is working (ish) i just have to right click the underlined text and open in a new tab.

• ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Morgan I believe mega tables are the only card type that works with HTML links.

I've also encountered this same issue when working with <a> tags in DDX Bricks (I usually just add a note at the bottom of the brick saying they'll need to right click and open in a new tab).

• JosephMeyers
    JosephMeyers Contributor
    Options

As far as links are concerned you will want to use domo.navigate in custom apps https://developer.domo.com/portal/e947d87e17547-domo-js#domonavigate