Bulk scheduling for datasets

Options

We have some credentials that are no longer valid for reasons beyond our control. This is leading to 50 datasets failing every day until this is resolved. Anyone know of a way to perform a bulk action to disable all of these datasets until the credentials are fixed?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Tagged:

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColemenWilson I wonder if you could use the Java CLI tool to change the schedule manual. That might be your closet way to do something in bulk.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColemenWilson For only 50 datasets, it's probably not worth it to come up with a custom bulk scripting solution. If you find this is more of a persistent problem, yes you can definitely script against the undocumented [p]ublic APIs to change datasets to be manually updated (effectively disabling them)

You would need to send an API request to:

PUT https://{domo_instance}.com/api/data/v1/streams/{stream_id}

—data { "advancedScheduleJson": "{\"type\":\"MANUAL\",\"timezone\":\"UTC\"}"}

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColemenWilson I wonder if you could use the Java CLI tool to change the schedule manual. That might be your closet way to do something in bulk.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ellibot
    ellibot Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@ColemenWilson For only 50 datasets, it's probably not worth it to come up with a custom bulk scripting solution. If you find this is more of a persistent problem, yes you can definitely script against the undocumented [p]ublic APIs to change datasets to be manually updated (effectively disabling them)

You would need to send an API request to:

PUT https://{domo_instance}.com/api/data/v1/streams/{stream_id}

—data { "advancedScheduleJson": "{\"type\":\"MANUAL\",\"timezone\":\"UTC\"}"}