Prediction Tile into a Self Serve Prediction Calculator

Options

Hi, has anyone had success with creating a dash for users to make numerical and categorical selections for a dash predictive calculator if you will?

I'm referring to the data science tile - "Prediction". I'm able to create magic etl for this type of work but wondering if i can setup a self serve prediction input for our users. Thanks!

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on your prediction model it can be fairly compute-intensive so I typically leave this to a MagicETL to do the heavy lifting for me. Doing a self-service type model isn't really supported unless you're doing a very simplistic algorithm for your model. When doing it at the card level the Adrenaline layer isn't designed for computationally intensive jobs as it'll cause the page to become unresponsive.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Depending on your prediction model it can be fairly compute-intensive so I typically leave this to a MagicETL to do the heavy lifting for me. Doing a self-service type model isn't really supported unless you're doing a very simplistic algorithm for your model. When doing it at the card level the Adrenaline layer isn't designed for computationally intensive jobs as it'll cause the page to become unresponsive.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@GrantSmith , Yep I get that. I think this would be a game changer for us. Especially knowing if the MAPE of trained model is consistently accurate. We could accurately predict ROI of our spend inputs. :)

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!