Beast Mode as Chart Label

Options

Hello!

I am using the filled gauge chart and was wondering if you could use a beast mode for a label.

I am wanting to show if the the target value has been met or not. So it will say either "On Track" and if it hasn't been met it says "Behind Target."

I used a case statement to capture that in a beast mode, but don't know if that's possible to do on the visualization. If it is not possible, is there any other way to do that?

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

If this is being used on a dashboard, you could have a separate text value card beneath or above the gauge that uses the same data source and changes the text based on the criteria you define in the beastmode. But to have this on the gauge itself is not possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with Colemen. I lean toward the approach of stacking smaller gauges on top of a card to give an additional indicator about the visualization. Such as this where I have two smaller cards on top of a main card in a dashboard.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    edited October 2023
    Options

You can't use a beast mode within a card title or description currently. Only variables, filters, date ranges and dataset metadata.

You could create a beast mode and use that for your Summary number and then display the summary number instead of the card title on your dashboard.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

If this is being used on a dashboard, you could have a separate text value card beneath or above the gauge that uses the same data source and changes the text based on the criteria you define in the beastmode. But to have this on the gauge itself is not possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Options

@soconner, you could tinker with a table card. Below is dummy data, but one could have your beast mode classification next to whatever dimension you'd like. So my package project is "On Track" whereas my others are "Behind Target" based on the beast mode criteria.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I agree with Colemen. I lean toward the approach of stacking smaller gauges on top of a card to give an additional indicator about the visualization. Such as this where I have two smaller cards on top of a main card in a dashboard.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.