Beast Mode To Find Cumulative Progress Towards a Goal

Options
soconner
soconner Member
edited October 2023 in Beast Mode

Hello,

I am currently using a filled gauge and I need to create a beast mode that takes the number of days in a month(needs to account for all 12 months) / days total of the month and multiply it by the goal of the month, which will always be 3.

Any help appreciated, I have not been able to get my head around what this may look like.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I replicated your sample data and plugged in my beastmode to the data and it worked as expected. See test column above. Here is the exact beastmode using your field names as provided:

CASE WHEN MONTH(`Monthly`) = MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN `Goal` * (DAY(CURDATE()) / DAY(LAST_DAY(CURDATE()))) WHEN MONTH(`Monthly`) > MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN 0 ELSE `Goal` END

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

I think I have an idea of how you would do this with a beastmode, but wanted to make sure I understand you question. So for example, for this year, January through september would be 100% for each month since they are complete. In the current month, the value would be 18/31 = .58 and future months would currently be 0 since they are in the future. Is this correct?

• soconner
    soconner Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ColemenWilson yes, exactly.

• ColemenWilson
    edited October 2023
    Options

Assuming your data looks like this:

CASE WHEN MONTH(`Month`) = MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN `Goal` * (DAY(CURDATE()) / DAY(LAST_DAY(CURDATE()))) WHEN MONTH(`Month`) > MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN 0 ELSE `Goal` END

If your data is structured differently and you can't figure out how to modify the beastmode to work please let me know and share a sample of the data.

• soconner
    soconner Member
    edited October 2023
    Options

@ColemenWilson

The beast mode doesn't give me what I expected. It is giving me the goal value when I need it give me where they are now in the month this far.

The math is 18/31 = .58 * 3

when plugging it in I received 3 back, when it should have been 1.74 because that is what an operator has this far into the month.

also, my data is structured a little differently.

It's a month grain view and all the operators for each month have summed sales and sale amounts.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

I replicated your sample data and plugged in my beastmode to the data and it worked as expected. See test column above. Here is the exact beastmode using your field names as provided:

CASE WHEN MONTH(`Monthly`) = MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN `Goal` * (DAY(CURDATE()) / DAY(LAST_DAY(CURDATE()))) WHEN MONTH(`Monthly`) > MONTH(CURDATE()) THEN 0 ELSE `Goal` END