Workbench Using File Name in Calculated Field Transform

Options

I am connecting to an FTP in DOMO Workbench 5 and wanted to use the Calculated Field transforms.

I want to find a way to create a column with the last 8 digits of my file name as I want to include the date.

For example, my file is named "File Name 10172023.xlsx"

I want this calculated field to create a column showing "10/17/2023"

I know the functions I want to use but I want to know how to use the file name in the formula.

Is it simply "FILE_NAME" and do I just use the function RIGHT(FILE_NAME)?

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't have an ftp job in Workbench to compare, but when looking at a job that pulls in a local Excel file, the Calculated Field Transform does not give me an option to extract data from the filename. I can only look at the columns. If you have different options, post a screenshot and that might help. If it is available, using RIGHT(filename,8) would be the way to extract the date.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I don't have an ftp job in Workbench to compare, but when looking at a job that pulls in a local Excel file, the Calculated Field Transform does not give me an option to extract data from the filename. I can only look at the columns. If you have different options, post a screenshot and that might help. If it is available, using RIGHT(filename,8) would be the way to extract the date.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.