Color Rules Help

Options

Hi Everyone,

Can I ask if it is feasible to create a color rule in DOMO that highlights values in green if they meet or surpass the objective and red if they do not meet the target?

Thank you!

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

A similar question was asked yesterday:

You'd need the conditions to be in a beastmode so that the color rule can evaluate based on that one field. I think what you are trying to do is compare one column to the target column and then determine if it meets the criteria for a color rule based on that which is not possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Color rules are limited to comparing against specific values and can't compare against other fields unfortunately.

You can get around this by creating a beast mode that does the comparison and then build a concat statement that will color the text green or red using html div tags. The downside is that this value becomes a string and you would need to do any formatting (format to percent in your case) within the beast mode as well.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

A similar question was asked yesterday:

You'd need the conditions to be in a beastmode so that the color rule can evaluate based on that one field. I think what you are trying to do is compare one column to the target column and then determine if it meets the criteria for a color rule based on that which is not possible.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Color rules are limited to comparing against specific values and can't compare against other fields unfortunately.

You can get around this by creating a beast mode that does the comparison and then build a concat statement that will color the text green or red using html div tags. The downside is that this value becomes a string and you would need to do any formatting (format to percent in your case) within the beast mode as well.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.