Conditional formatting in Domo card

Options

Team, raise my hand because I need to mimic the excel conditional formatting in a Domo card. If you do not mind, checking the enclosed jpg can check if the amount of the actual is lower that the estimated actual´s row turn to the color "red", but it vice versa, actual´s row is going to turn "green". I am trying the replicate the situation about card , which looks like the attachment

Do you have any idea to what path take to reach excel conditional formatting inside domo card

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

You would use the color rules for the card.

1. Click "Colors" in the Chart Properties in card analyzer view
    2. Choose the field that the conditional formatting will be applied to
    3. Set the condition
    4. Choose the color
    5. Choose if you'd like it to be applied to the cell only or the entire row.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since your estimated value is in a different row than your actual value, this isn't as easily done. You would need to be able to have your estimated and actual values in the same row and then create a beast mode to compare the two and then develop the color rule based on that.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

You would use the color rules for the card.

1. Click "Colors" in the Chart Properties in card analyzer view
    2. Choose the field that the conditional formatting will be applied to
    3. Set the condition
    4. Choose the color
    5. Choose if you'd like it to be applied to the cell only or the entire row.

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since your estimated value is in a different row than your actual value, this isn't as easily done. You would need to be able to have your estimated and actual values in the same row and then create a beast mode to compare the two and then develop the color rule based on that.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • ColemenWilson
    Options

Thanks @MarkSnodgrass for pointing that piece out as well! Mark is right, the values you are comparing would need to be on the same row of data or in a beastmode that aggregates the data.

• Vivarafa
    Options

Team , very sorry for my delayed response . I have checked the feedback from both, I feel frustrated owling to Domo for me , it´s almost everything in term of provide visual solution . Create actual and estimate in the same , it will change the entire lay out of my customer 's demand. Otherwise, I am going to testing by myself that path and come back with him and discuss the possibility if they have keep excel lay out, Domo is not the best option for replay.

Thank you