Can Filter Views be moved from one Dashboard to Another?

Options

Hello,

I have a stakeholder (participant level access) who spent many hours adding 10,000+ Page URLs to a private filter view. I am trying to find a way to migrate this filter view to a newly created dashboard.

Is there a way to move filter views across pages without manually adding all the criteria?

Thank you in advance!

RT

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

They cannot. They can be copied within the same dashboard but not to a new one. What I would recommend doing is build the logic in a beastmode or ETL so that it can be used on as many dashboards as needed.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RTData , this is a tough one. I think if the participant would have applied the filtering inside magic etl then one could just copy and paste for another card on a different dash quite easily. But if the participant applied filtering on the dashboard level then you could only share with others who have access to that same dash. I haven't heard of a way to copy and share to another dash. Perhaps you could promote in the idea exchange for Domo to install this idea.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

They cannot. They can be copied within the same dashboard but not to a new one. What I would recommend doing is build the logic in a beastmode or ETL so that it can be used on as many dashboards as needed.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@RTData , this is a tough one. I think if the participant would have applied the filtering inside magic etl then one could just copy and paste for another card on a different dash quite easily. But if the participant applied filtering on the dashboard level then you could only share with others who have access to that same dash. I haven't heard of a way to copy and share to another dash. Perhaps you could promote in the idea exchange for Domo to install this idea.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!