How can I flip the legend items and the category items in a grouped bar chart?

Options

I am trying to use a grouped bar chart to compare different brands across several % Change Metrics. I would like the "category" listings to be the different metrics (dollars % change, units % change, etc…) while the legend shows the different brands. However, the chart is defaulting the the opposite layout and I can't figure out how to change it. Does anyone know how to work around this issue? It's super easy in Excel so I'd imagine it is possible here. I attached a picture of the graph below:

As I mentioned earlier, I would like the x axis to be the different metrics and the legend to be the brands. Then I could more clearly compare the brands across each metric. Let me know if you have any questions.

Thank you!

Best Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bennett_for_you You will need to swap which fields you are using in the X-Axis and Series since the legend is based off of the "Series" field. Alternatively, you could create a separate card for each metric and arrange them in a dashboard with the metric name in the title instead of relying on a legend.

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bennett_for_you the period over period multi value card would also be helpful! If alternatively using Michelle’s recommendation.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bennett_for_you You will need to swap which fields you are using in the X-Axis and Series since the legend is based off of the "Series" field. Alternatively, you could create a separate card for each metric and arrange them in a dashboard with the metric name in the title instead of relying on a legend.

• pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@bennett_for_you the period over period multi value card would also be helpful! If alternatively using Michelle’s recommendation.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!