Domo for Office: Add-In Error (Installation help!)

Options

Hello!

My organization wants to test out the Domo for Office Add-In. We really liked the Domo PowerPoint Plug-in Version 1.1.43.0.

Each time I try to install Domo for Office I get an error message: 'Your organization's administrator turned off the service required to use this feature.'

So far this has stumped several IT persons at my company, any suggestions or advice?

I can confirm we are trying to download version 2.0.13 of 'Domo for Office' (unless there's a newer version of course!)

(Last note: I can seamlessly install the legacy PPT plug-in)

Thanks to all!

BR,
RT

Best Answer

Answers

• GrantSmith
    Options

I'd recommend reaching out to Support to help get an answer as their technical team would be able to shed some light on to which service is needed for installation

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

First, make sure that you are installing it form the Microsoft Appsource here:
    https://appsource.microsoft.com/en-us/product/office/WA200005264?exp=ubp8&tab=DetailsAndSupport&mktcmpid=admindl

Second, within PowerPoint, go to File → Options → General → Privacy settings and make sure "Enable optional connected experiences" is checked.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • RTData
    Options

Thank you gentlemen. We were able to determine that our IT team blocks the MS App Store. Using the steps Mark suggested, we were able to manually turn on Admin Privileges, which allowed us to install 'Domo for Office' on our remote PC (run by a different company). So, long story short, thank you both, very helpful in diagnosing the problem, and now its fate is in the hands of my security admins.