Totaling Summary Numbers on Domo Page

Options

Hey team! I'm not sure this is possible, but I wanted to reach out to the community just in case there's a workaround. We have a Domo page that tracks employee data errors when certain fields in our payroll provider are missed during new employee additions and/or position changes.

Based on the screenshot, you can see that we currently have 3 errors for salaried employees. I'd like to display something like 'Total Data Errors' with a card or dynamic text that states the total alerts and maybe even indicating the WoW increase in those errors.

I've included a screenshot for reference. Please let me know if this is possible.

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can. It all depends on your datasets.

If those 3 cards are all built on the same dataset and are just looking at different fields, you can create a beast mode that looks at all 3 fields and sums them up.

If those 3 cards are based off of 3 different datasets, you would need to use Magic ETL and append those 3 datasets into a single dataset and then sum up the error column to get your overall total.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mwatson , you could evolve the card that you created based on Marks input and make it a period over period multi value chart. Shows your progress of reducing errors or the unfortunate case of increasing errors. :/

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Yes, you can. It all depends on your datasets.

If those 3 cards are all built on the same dataset and are just looking at different fields, you can create a beast mode that looks at all 3 fields and sums them up.

If those 3 cards are based off of 3 different datasets, you would need to use Magic ETL and append those 3 datasets into a single dataset and then sum up the error column to get your overall total.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • pauljames
    pauljames Contributor
    Answer ✓
    Options

@Mwatson , you could evolve the card that you created based on Marks input and make it a period over period multi value chart. Shows your progress of reducing errors or the unfortunate case of increasing errors. :/

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• Mwatson
    Options

Thank you both! That was very helpful.