Beast Mode is valid but does not print all options, how can I fix it?

Options

Created the beastmode below and although its valid I'm only seeing options "Low Performers" and "Other". The beastmode is suppose to look at revenue and at month-12 revenue and meet certain qualifications to identify it as either Non Public Videos, Low Performers or Videos Exceeding Lifespan. Thank you in advance!

i.e. if total revenue >= 1000 and Month-12 revenue < 100 then Videos Exceeding Lifespan.

CASE

WHEN SUM((CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(date,published_date) >329 AND DATEDIFF(date,published_date) <=359) THEN '12 Month' END)) <= 0 THEN 'Non Public Videos'

WHEN SUM(revenue)< 1000
AND SUM((CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(date,published_date) >329 AND DATEDIFF(date,published_date) <=359) THEN '12 Month' END)) < 100 THEN 'Low Performers'

WHEN SUM(revenue)>= 1000
AND SUM((CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(date,published_date) >329 AND DATEDIFF(date,published_date) <=359) THEN '12 Month' END)) < 100 THEN 'Videos Exceeding Lifespan'

Else 'Other'
END

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The way it is written, you are trying to SUM the string '12 month'. That won't work very well. With these types of case statements that are giving me a problem, I try to break it into smaller chunks and make sure that it is returning a value that I expect, and then paste that statement into the larger one.

Try making a beast mode of this section:

SUM((CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(date,published_date) >329 AND DATEDIFF(date,published_date) <=359) THEN '12 Month' END))

and see what values it returns and then make the necessary changes to this one and then add it back to your larger statement.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The way it is written, you are trying to SUM the string '12 month'. That won't work very well. With these types of case statements that are giving me a problem, I try to break it into smaller chunks and make sure that it is returning a value that I expect, and then paste that statement into the larger one.

Try making a beast mode of this section:

SUM((CASE WHEN (DATEDIFF(date,published_date) >329 AND DATEDIFF(date,published_date) <=359) THEN '12 Month' END))

and see what values it returns and then make the necessary changes to this one and then add it back to your larger statement.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.