ETL Pane

Options
carthur
carthur Member
edited September 2023 in Beast Mode

Hi folks, is there a way to group steps in magic ETL into a folder. This becomes very useful when an ETL steps become very complicated and with many other pipelines.

After selecting multiple ETL steps - we only have three options (DELETE, DUPLICATE and COPY TO CLIP BOARD)

Best Answer

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@carthur This is not currently an option, but I've seen this suggested in the Ideas Exchange. I recommend upvoting those posts to get some more attention behind the idea.

• pauljames
    Options

@carthur , perhaps you could save an ETL that has your most common historical ETL groupings. Then you could reference this same ETL instead of searching for those that you think you've used the same grouping in the past. But yes, I agree with Michelle on the upvoting in the ideas exchange.

IF I SOLVED YOUR PROBLEM, PLEASE "ACCEPT" MY ANSWER AS A SOLUTION. THANK YOU!

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Here's a link to an existing Idea Exchange post to create something like a block tile which may be similar:

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023
    Options

2 ways you could kind of group things together:

1. You can modify the colors of lines connecting ETL tiles. You could group together tiles by giving them the same color line connectors between tiles.
    2. You can split an ETL into multiple ETL's and each ETL is a grouping. You can then connect the ETL "groups" together as inputs and outputs.

Also, you can copy and paste multiple tiles from one ETL to another. This is great if you have steps you are using repeatedly.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above