How can I have an 'OR' condition on Quick Filters?

Options

I have a two quick filters on two separate fields. I would like to be able to select the filters with the option of OR ing the two rather than AND ing. Currently I have set up a calculated field concatenating both fields and then provide the quick filter on the calc field with the contains option. Would love to have the end user the option.

Tagged:

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is currently not an option in Domo. I would suggest submitting this idea to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If it were me I would do what you've mentioned and create custom "OR" conditions in a beastmode and present those options as a quick filter.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@dmurgit1 Depending on your use case, you may be able to use two variable controls and a beast mode filter to accomplish this. You would have to set the values of each variable for all possible values of the corresponding field, so this would only be feasible if your fields have a fairly small and static list of values. This is what the beast mode filter would look like in this scenario:

case 
      when `Field1` = `Var1` then 'Include'
      when `Field2` = `Var2` then 'Include' 
      else 'Exclude'
    end

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

This is currently not an option in Domo. I would suggest submitting this idea to the https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If it were me I would do what you've mentioned and create custom "OR" conditions in a beastmode and present those options as a quick filter.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@dmurgit1 Depending on your use case, you may be able to use two variable controls and a beast mode filter to accomplish this. You would have to set the values of each variable for all possible values of the corresponding field, so this would only be feasible if your fields have a fairly small and static list of values. This is what the beast mode filter would look like in this scenario:

case 
      when `Field1` = `Var1` then 'Include'
      when `Field2` = `Var2` then 'Include' 
      else 'Exclude'
    end

• dmurgit1
    Options

Thank you. Our use case is a dynamic list of values. Too big to put in a use case.