Looking on a specific date

Options
damen
damen Contributor

Hi all,

I am working in Magic ETL. I have group two different datasets on their 'lock_dates'

I have created a calculated column where the number of locks are counted in each data set.

Then I created a column that told me if dataset 1 matched dataset 2.

All of this is shown below

The issue I am running into is seeing that 'powerselerlockdate' is updating sooner than 'powerlenderlockdate'.

To compensate for this, I want to look back exactly one week ago from today to know if 'powerseller=powerlender' is true or not. — in this case it isnt and I also need to figure out how to set an alert for that but that is for another day.

Can someone help me with the syntax for either a beastmode or a formula tile in ETL?

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can filter out anything newer than 1 week old using the following:

CASE WHEN `PowerSellerLockDate` < = CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK THEN 'In' ELSE 'Out' END

Then apply the beastmode as a filter in the card.

If you want to filter the values in Magic ETL, use a filter tile and the following formula

`PowerSellerLockDate` < = CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK

I don't know if that is the right date field to use, but just swap it out with whatever date field makes sense to use there.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can filter out anything newer than 1 week old using the following:

CASE WHEN `PowerSellerLockDate` < = CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK THEN 'In' ELSE 'Out' END

Then apply the beastmode as a filter in the card.

If you want to filter the values in Magic ETL, use a filter tile and the following formula

`PowerSellerLockDate` < = CURRENT_DATE() - INTERVAL 1 WEEK

I don't know if that is the right date field to use, but just swap it out with whatever date field makes sense to use there.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above