locks = locks?

Options

Hi all,

(I recently posted something similar but updated my dataflow to a new output so wanted to share and clarify)

I've got two columns, rate_locks_powerlender and rate_locks_powerseller, that I need make sure are equal to each other.

The power lender is slower to update so we do not have data later than 9/11 so I am wanting to check that on a singe day, 7 days ago and in this case September 7th, has the same number of locks in power seller as it does power lender. clearly I can see that 25 = 25, but i am wanting to set up an alert that notifies us when those two columns don't match up on the power lender date.

Can someone help me with a beast mode to get a true false output. - a 1 or 0 output works as well.

If this helps, feel free to agree, accept or awesome it!

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Perhaps not the best way, but to your ETL that builds that DataSet, I'd add a calculated column that tells you the difference between the 2 values and another one that would just flag if the date is older than your threshold (in this case 7 days).

You'll have a formula tile in your ETL that will do both calculations, something like

IsOlderThanThreshold

CASE WHEN `PowerLenderLockDate` <= CURDATE() - Interval 7 Day THEN 'True' ELSE 'False' END

Delta

Rate_locks_powerlender - Rate_locks_powerseller

With this I'd then do the Alert as follows:

• Trigger Depends on whether your ETL does replace or append.
    • Filters
      • IsOlderThanThreshold equals True
      • Delta is not equal to 0

This has the advantage that it won't only notify you when the entry 0 days ago is not 0, but whenever an older entry may stop being compliant. Hope this helps.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited September 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Perhaps not the best way, but to your ETL that builds that DataSet, I'd add a calculated column that tells you the difference between the 2 values and another one that would just flag if the date is older than your threshold (in this case 7 days).

You'll have a formula tile in your ETL that will do both calculations, something like

IsOlderThanThreshold

CASE WHEN `PowerLenderLockDate` <= CURDATE() - Interval 7 Day THEN 'True' ELSE 'False' END

Delta

Rate_locks_powerlender - Rate_locks_powerseller

With this I'd then do the Alert as follows:

• Trigger Depends on whether your ETL does replace or append.
    • Filters
      • IsOlderThanThreshold equals True
      • Delta is not equal to 0

This has the advantage that it won't only notify you when the entry 0 days ago is not 0, but whenever an older entry may stop being compliant. Hope this helps.