Last 13 Months Using Selected Date Slicers

Options

Is there a way to pull the last 13 months for a visualization using a selected date in the dashboard? For example, if I filter for 12/2022 it gives me 12/2021 through 12/2022 in bars?

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@hunter_brown Unless you want to set up a variable, you will have to select Between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022 in the date filters. The rolling date ranges only work relative to the current date.

Answers

• MichelleH
    Options

@hunter_brown You can filter to the last 13 months by selecting Choose Date > Previous > Last and it will give you the option to choose a rolling date range.

• hunter_brown
    Options

@MichelleH Yes I know about that, however when I select a date in my dashboard that is before the last 13 months from the current date, nothing is visualized. I want to take a selected date in the dashboard view and see the last 13 months. For example, when selecting December 2022, show that as the last value, rolling back to December 2021.

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

@hunter_brown Unless you want to set up a variable, you will have to select Between December 1, 2021 and December 31, 2022 in the date filters. The rolling date ranges only work relative to the current date.

• hunter_brown
    Options

@MichelleH Okay, thanks for your help.