Multiple Values in a Pie Chart

Options

How can I get two columns to display in a pie chart value?
My assumption is Beast Mode but I am unsure of how that would be done.

For example, if I have a Maintenance Column and a Disruption Column how would I combine those into one function so it can be displayed?

Best Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you looking to have two separate values for Maintenance and Disruption and have them both displayed? Pie charts only support 1 value at a time.

If you want to combine them, you can do a beast mode that is SUM(IFNULL(Maintenance, 0) + IFNULL(Disruption, 0)) and then add that to the pie chart.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are those two columns mutually exclusive? Is it ever the case that both columns will have values in the same row? If not, then you can use: IFNULL(`Maintenance`,`Disruption`)

If there are cases where both columns could have a value on the same row, then I would suggest appending your data in ETL so that both columns are stacked ontop of each other and then the new single column can be used (if that makes sense, I don't know the details of your data)

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can also combine the Tootip Field and the datalabel settings to display multiple values. However, the Pie value will only take the first into account.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman

Answers

• trafalger
    trafalger Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are you looking to have two separate values for Maintenance and Disruption and have them both displayed? Pie charts only support 1 value at a time.

If you want to combine them, you can do a beast mode that is SUM(IFNULL(Maintenance, 0) + IFNULL(Disruption, 0)) and then add that to the pie chart.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

Are those two columns mutually exclusive? Is it ever the case that both columns will have values in the same row? If not, then you can use: IFNULL(`Maintenance`,`Disruption`)

If there are cases where both columns could have a value on the same row, then I would suggest appending your data in ETL so that both columns are stacked ontop of each other and then the new single column can be used (if that makes sense, I don't know the details of your data)

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MichelleH
    Options

@Mirnes, @trafalger is correct that pie charts can only display one value at a time. If you want to be able to switch back and forth between values, you can do that using Variables.

• Mirnes
    Options

Ty all for the speedy feedback. I will attempt this and see which one works for me better.

• ST_-Superman-_
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can also combine the Tootip Field and the datalabel settings to display multiple values. However, the Pie value will only take the first into account.

“There is a superhero in all of us, we just need the courage to put on the cape.” -Superman