Beast Mode

Options

Hello All,

New to DOMO and I wanted to check is there a way to reuse an already calculated field in another calculated field instead of re-writing the whole logics again?
Example:

CF1 = sum(A+B)

CF2 = AVG(C+D)

Why can't I write a 3rd calculated field as

CF3 = CF1 - CF2

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can double click on the beast mode in the fields pane in the beast mode editor and it will populate in your beastmode - that way you don't have to re-write the logic again:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo is working on allowing for nested beast modes so that you can reference one beast mode inside of another one. Not sure the ETA on it, but it is being worked on.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

You can double click on the beast mode in the fields pane in the beast mode editor and it will populate in your beastmode - that way you don't have to re-write the logic again:

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• carthur
    carthur Member
    edited August 2023
    Options

omg! really? - you are awesome.
    But it does just populate the actual logics not the names for the first and second CF's?

Its a little untidy to understand complicated logics - I hope they can clean this up sometime.

Thank so much

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

Domo is working on allowing for nested beast modes so that you can reference one beast mode inside of another one. Not sure the ETA on it, but it is being worked on.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • carthur
    Options

Amazing that would super helpful.
    Thak you all