Default Dashboard instead of Overview?

Options

Hi friends!

Is it possible to have users open Domo to a specific dashboard each time, rather than to the Overview?

Thanks

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. This can be configured in Admin settings.

You can also set a specific page for each user in your instance in Admin > People > select the user:

Lastly, you can use the Group Management Toolkit in the governance toolkit to setup a job that assigns the default landing page for users.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

Yes. This can be configured in Admin settings.

You can also set a specific page for each user in your instance in Admin > People > select the user:

Lastly, you can use the Group Management Toolkit in the governance toolkit to setup a job that assigns the default landing page for users.

• PJG
    PJG Member
    Options

Hi Colemen,

Thanks. Could you be more specific as to how to find this?

The closest I've seen is under Governance > Groups > Default Overview Content, but the problem is that:

1. This only seems to be changing what they see in Overview, rather than opening a specific Dashboard
    2. This only allows me to point to a Card, and not to a Dashboard.

I assume there is another setting somewhere?

Thanks

• PJG
    PJG Member
    Options

Oh, I see you added a screenshot. Let me try that, thanks!

• ColemenWilson
    Options

No problem! One of those 3 options should get you what you need. Let me know if you need more details on how to set them up!

• PJG
    PJG Member
    Options

First option worked, thank you so much!

• b_rad
    b_rad Contributor
    Options

A user can set their default landing page under their user settings. There is a "Landing Page" option under the General tab.

• B2FlyTJM
    Options

My Screen does not look like the example. I do not have Landing Page showing in the Personal Details. Am I missing something?