Is it possible to implement a secondary progress bar to show a comparison of values?

Options
Laf8991
Laf8991 Member
edited August 2023 in Charting

I'm currently setting up a pacing progress bar showing % of the performance compared to our goal for the year. I received a request to add a secondary bar or point on the bar to see where we should be on that date if we want to reach our goal.

Is this something that is possible to implement?

The red would increase each day to fill up on the last day of the year and the black would be actual performance

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is also something I've done using a horizontal stacked bar chart. The different bar colors are individual calculated amounts that stack on top of each other to equal 100%. The color for each is set in the color rules.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    edited August 2023
    Options

I have done this using the Grouped bar + line card. You configure the card to have just one bar for your actual value and then a beastmode value for the dynamic pacer point. EDIT: See comment below to match original post edits.

• Laf8991
    Options

That is definitely something that I could setup, but I've edited the above to show more what I had in mind for the visualization. Just poking around in the analyzer I don't see any indication that this can be setup easily.

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This is also something I've done using a horizontal stacked bar chart. The different bar colors are individual calculated amounts that stack on top of each other to equal 100%. The color for each is set in the color rules.

• DavidChurchman
    Options

I would use a "bullet chart" for this situation. It's designed to show progress against a goal with staggered targets.

Please 💡/💖/👍/😊 this post if you read it and found it helpful.

Please accept the answer if it solved your problem.