drop down selector chart

Options

Hi,

I am using the dropdown selector in a card. I added a filter, searched for a name, and hit apply. However, the name is not showing up under the dropdown menu. Can someone please advise why this is happening?

Thanks.

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This likely means that the filter you are applying is filtering out the name you are searching for in the data. Have you also checked the other filters applied to the card? One of them may be removing the data you are searching for.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This likely means that the filter you are applying is filtering out the name you are searching for in the data. Have you also checked the other filters applied to the card? One of them may be removing the data you are searching for.

• Domo User
    Options

Hi Coleman, Thanks for your response. No. The filter shows that the name is included in the selection. If I included just this person it would show up. If I add the total of 42 people it drops off the menu. Thank you for your assistance with this.

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    edited August 2023
    Options

Do you want your dropdown card to be filtered by other filters in the dashboard, or is it meant to always show all people, regardless of what other things might be filtered? If the idea is for your Dropdown to always show the full list of people, you can go to the dashboard editing mode, and select the Change filter exceptions on the card disabling them all. Hope this helps.

• ColemenWilson
    Options

If you'd like, I'd be happy to do a virtual meeting with you to troubleshoot what is going on. You can schedule time here: https://calendly.com/cwilsondomo/15min

• Domo User
    Options

I resolved the issue by reviewing this document.

https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4533903600407?language=en_US

Thanks for your help!

• Domo User
    Options

Thank you for your willingness to assist. I figured it out.