Card Title update in Breadcrumbs

Options
NDoyle
NDoyle Member
edited August 2023 in Cards, Dashboards, Stories

Hi everyone.

I think I'm confused about how card titles work, specifically in regards to Smart Text.

I'm managing a dashboard for a product which is comprised of 6 teams which are comprised of various Project Managers. I built a simple card that displays projects that were completed on-time and I'm trying to build some drill paths.

My top layer (card on the dashboard) is a stacked bar chart with its X-axis grouped by Quarters to Date. The card's title is "On-Time Project Launch Percentage".

My expectation is that Leadership will click on Quarter 1 to drill down into a card that displays the 6 team's with their on-time percentages. The X-Axis will become the Team Names (Team 1, Team 2,…, Team 6). Here is where my problem occurs.

I'd like the card title to be changed to "Quarter:" followed by Smart Text mapping the Date/Time Closed field, formatted to YYYY-Q e.g., "Quarter: 2023-Q1". This currently works in the Details of the card. However, the "breadcrumbs" at the top don't reflect the selected Quarter. For instance, it currently displays: "{dashboard title} > {subdashboard title} > On-Time Project Launch Percentage > Quarter: " but I'd like it to display "{dashboard title} > {subdashboard title} > On-Time Project Launch Percentage > Quarter: 2023-Q2 ".

For what it's worth, I also intend to have the user drill down one final time into a chart per team E.g., "{dashboard title} > {subdashboard title} > On-Time Project Launch Percentage > Quarter: 2023-Q2 > Team: Team 1".

Is there a way to have the "breadcrumbs" / "drill down path" dynamically update to the reflect the Quarter the user has selected to drill into?

Edit: I have uploaded a screenshot of the configuration of the card to help illustrate my question. Why doesn't the "card title" in the Detail portion of the screen (yellow) match the "card title" in the breadcrumbs (purple)?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smart text doesn't apply to the bread crumb trail, just the current page title that's being displayed. I'd recommend logging an idea with the idea exchange to allow for smart text to apply to the breadcrumbs.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**

Answers

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Smart text doesn't apply to the bread crumb trail, just the current page title that's being displayed. I'd recommend logging an idea with the idea exchange to allow for smart text to apply to the breadcrumbs.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • NDoyle
    Options

Thanks Grant! You're a legend.