Question on breakeven formula

Options

I am trying to think of a way to structure a formula to calculate days to breakeven when the initial item fixed cost has multiple sales tied it. I made a quick excel chart to demonstrate what l I am trying to accomplish where the initial item cost of $1000 took 6 days to breakeven.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would suggest pivoting the data in Magic ETL so each day is a row and then you can use the rank & window tile to create a running total. This will allow you to easily determine which day you broke even on. You can then pivot it back to your original format if you really wanted to. However, I would instead suggest keeping it in the day/row format and then using the pivot table chart to display it in the format of your screenshot.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• mmisky87
    Options

I made a excel formula, but I'm having a problem thinking how to convert this into a SQL / Domo formula

=IF(B2>=A2,COUNT(B2),IF(SUM(B2:C2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:C2),IF(SUM(B2:D2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:D2),IF(SUM(B2:E2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:E2),IF(SUM(B2:F2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:F2),IF(SUM(B2:G2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:G2),IF(SUM(B2:H2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:H2),IF(SUM(B2:I2)>=A2,COUNT(B2:I2),"No Breakeven"))))))))

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

I would suggest pivoting the data in Magic ETL so each day is a row and then you can use the rank & window tile to create a running total. This will allow you to easily determine which day you broke even on. You can then pivot it back to your original format if you really wanted to. However, I would instead suggest keeping it in the day/row format and then using the pivot table chart to display it in the format of your screenshot.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • mmisky87
    Options

Thank you for the advice. I will look at this