How to create a rate by specific selection criteria in Domo

Options

Hello again community. So I work within a healthcare organization and I have a domo grouped/stacked bar graph built currently from an etl that has columns regarding patients readmission start date, account number, discharge date and attending providers(previous admission). The card breaks down the readmit percentage rate by counting account numbers and doing a percent of category with attending providers.

My question parameters involve I have a new request to build a card that shows readmissions by provider per 100 discharges(for each provider). I do have another etl that includes data for all admits for each provider. After combining the data sets I'm trying to wrap my head around a potential filter or beast mode I could create to show each provider's rate of readmissions per 100 admissions. I may be overcomplicating this, any ideas?

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

So per 100 is the same as a % (25 per 100 = 25%). So basically all you need is a count of readmissions divided by a count of discharges on a bar chart with provider on the other axis. Then display this as a percentage. Is this what you were thinking?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

So per 100 is the same as a % (25 per 100 = 25%). So basically all you need is a count of readmissions divided by a count of discharges on a bar chart with provider on the other axis. Then display this as a percentage. Is this what you were thinking?

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• slewis1
    Options

@colemenwilson It definitely at least partially solves the question except they were wanting the unique readmission rate for by segments of 100 admissions of each unique provider. So if provider X had 23 readmissions in a segment of 100 discharges than his rate would be 23% at the same time as if another provider had 41 readmissions over a segment of 100 of his/her discharges then his rate would be 41% for that section.