Using Drill Paths for individual cells in table views

Options

Hi,

Essentially we have categorized our content data into 4 unique classifications (V.Good, Good, Bad, V.Bad) and have visualised the % of content that falls into each in a table and then broken that down by content type. We therefore have several rows of %s for each content type and each classification. What I would like to achieve is the ability for a user to click on one of these %s and be shown what specific content is responsible for said %.

Tried Drill Paths but this doesn't seem to provide the desired outcome. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like you are using the heat map table. If you switch to the mega table chart type, you can use the expand/collapse feature I suggested.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since they are all their own beast mode that is why the drill won't work since you are trying to drill on a calculation. Try doing the mega table like Mark mentioned or using a Pivot table, the pivot table won't have the heatmap options though but you might be able to use color rules.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• Ashleigh
    Options

@derekok what does your top card look like? Sometimes it depends how the card is built or what the user clicks on which could prevent it from giving the desired outcome. If you have a BM for each calculation then it won't let you drill. Can you show a picture of what analyzer looks like for your top card?

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You could do this in the table by putting your classification in the first column and the content type as the 2nd column and the % as the 3rd column. Then, in the chart properties, go to Subtotal rows and and select Show Subtotal Rows. This will create an expand/collapse feature on the first column, which will allow the users to quickly expand and see which types are in that classification.

• derekok
    Options

So essentially I want users to see what articles are included in each segment when clicked on. I.E. Clicking on Golf H traffic L engage shows all articles included in that specific section. Does this help?

• Ashleigh
    Options

What chart type are you using?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

It looks like you are using the heat map table. If you switch to the mega table chart type, you can use the expand/collapse feature I suggested.

• derekok
    Options

That is useful, however the expand/collapse feature does not display the articles that make up each percentage value in the table. Instead it is just a repeat of the original row of data..

• Ashleigh
    Options

Is each one of those columns a different beast mode ?

• Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Since they are all their own beast mode that is why the drill won't work since you are trying to drill on a calculation. Try doing the mega table like Mark mentioned or using a Pivot table, the pivot table won't have the heatmap options though but you might be able to use color rules.