Setting up an alert

Options

Hi Team,

I want to set up an alert for my data whenever a new month comes in. Can you please advise how can i set that up considering i have a date field.

Tagged:

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

You would need to add an additional output dataset, but if you did a group by to get the max date in the dataset and then also apply the LAST_DAY() function to make normalize to a single date in a month. This should give you a single row. You can then set the alert for when the any row has changed.

Hope this helps.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • domoexpert
    Options

Cant i just set up an alert for when the max of my date column changes?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Possibly. Something like this might work.

• Ashleigh
    Options

You can also set a dataset alert that tells you when a new row is added. Just select whatever options make your rows unique in the last section.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• domoexpert
    Options

@Ashleigh I dont see the option of any row is added in the tab. Any particular reason?

• Ashleigh
    Options

Are you trying to set up the alert on the card or on the dataset?

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

• domoexpert
    Options

Dataset @Ashleigh

• Ashleigh
    Options

For me it shows up at the top

• Ashleigh
    Options

You may also be able to select your date field and do a unique count or maximum and have it alert you on that

• domoexpert
    Options

I did set up an alert and the data changed as well but i did not get any notification

• Ashleigh
    Options

what was your alert criteria?

• domoexpert
    domoexpert Member
    edited July 2023
    Options

Sum of sales increases by 1 or more. The criteria was met. But the alert was not triggered.

The same alert was triggered when i tried the data on an excel file but it doesnt get triggered through a federated connection

@Ashleigh

• domoexpert
    Options

@Ashleigh Still waiting to hear back

• MarkSnodgrass
    Options

Are you receiving alerts on other cards or datasets? I would try creating a test dataset or card and creating an alert and then changing the data that forces the alert and make sure that you receive it. You can use the Domo Webform to quickly create a dataset and update it, or you could upload a sample Excel file. This would rule out that it isn't your company's e-mail system keeping you from receiving the alert.

• JasonAltenburg
    Options

@domoexpert

"The same alert was triggered when i tried the data on an excel file but it doesnt get triggered through a federated connection"

To me, that sounds like something you would want to submit a support ticket on.

• Ashleigh
    Options

@domoexpert sorry for the late response! It def sounds like it could be something buggy, I would double check notification settings and maybe set up another alert to see if that one gets triggered.