Need to see which connectors are currently connecting

Options
jimsteph
jimsteph Contributor

I need a way to see which connectors are currently executing. Ultimately, I'd like to have a card on my error dashboard showing which connectors are running, how long they've been running, and possibly the average execution time so we can know if something's out of whack. Is any of this information surfaced in DomoStats or elsewhere, because I'm not seeing it for connectors. If not, would it be available via the API? That might be the impetus I need to start exploring that …

Best Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This can be done a few different ways.

1. "DataSets History" report in Domostats. Has the full history for all connectors including:
      1. Run status
      2. Execution Type
      3. Number of API calls
      4. Updated Rows
      5. Even Bytes inserted
    2. If you don't need that much detail or a full history, you can use the "Datasets report" in Domostats which will return the most recent data for each connector:
      1. Last run date
      2. Run status
      3. Import type
      4. Etc…
    3. Domo Governance "datasets" report
      1. really similar to the "datasets report" from Domostats above.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

One caveat to not about the DomoStats or Domo Governance datasets is they typically only allow for running once a day which can cause real-time reporting to be difficult and inaccurate. For example if a connector is running a minute before your DomoStats data is pulled it will look like it's running for an entire day until it's refreshed and showing that it only took 5 minutes when the dataset updates 24 hours later.

Domo may be able to increase the frequency of the DomoStats connector refreshes but you'd have to reach out to them but ultimately you'd still have the delay issue, just not as severe.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Its not a dashboard solution but one feature I always overlook is the data warehouse tab in the datacenter. It is very easy to see all connectors and what is having issues, its also super ways to rerun things right from there instead of having to go directly to the dataset.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Answer ✓
    Options

This can be done a few different ways.

1. "DataSets History" report in Domostats. Has the full history for all connectors including:
      1. Run status
      2. Execution Type
      3. Number of API calls
      4. Updated Rows
      5. Even Bytes inserted
    2. If you don't need that much detail or a full history, you can use the "Datasets report" in Domostats which will return the most recent data for each connector:
      1. Last run date
      2. Run status
      3. Import type
      4. Etc…
    3. Domo Governance "datasets" report
      1. really similar to the "datasets report" from Domostats above.

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

• GrantSmith
    GrantSmith Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

One caveat to not about the DomoStats or Domo Governance datasets is they typically only allow for running once a day which can cause real-time reporting to be difficult and inaccurate. For example if a connector is running a minute before your DomoStats data is pulled it will look like it's running for an entire day until it's refreshed and showing that it only took 5 minutes when the dataset updates 24 hours later.

Domo may be able to increase the frequency of the DomoStats connector refreshes but you'd have to reach out to them but ultimately you'd still have the delay issue, just not as severe.

**Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below**
    **Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution!**
  • Ashleigh
    Ashleigh Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

Its not a dashboard solution but one feature I always overlook is the data warehouse tab in the datacenter. It is very easy to see all connectors and what is having issues, its also super ways to rerun things right from there instead of having to go directly to the dataset.

**If this answer solved your problem be sure to like it and accept it as a solution!