How do I only show one legend on a map card?

Options

I know how to hide or show my legend but when I "show" it, it displays two legends when I only want one to show. When I press "hide" legend it hides both legends when I only want one hidden. How do I leave the legend on the right hand side and get rid of the legend on the bottom. Both legends have different information and are not linked.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ColemenWilson
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The legend on the right relates to the color grouping which is the last input you shared above. The bottom legend is the size of route markers. They will be bigger or smaller depending on the values you assign them and the legend shows the value scale so those viewing the card know what the relative sizes represent. There does not appear to be a way to hide this without also hiding the color grouping legend. If it were me I would hide all legends and then add a card to the dashboard next to the map card with a legend of what the map colors represent.

You can also submit a product request in the ideas exchange: https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

If I solved your problem, please select "yes" above

Answers

• ColemenWilson
    Options

See below:

• Lauren_Kerl1
    Options

@colemenwilson Thank you for answering so quickly! My chart properties do not give me that option. These are the only options I have when I go to chart properties and then general. Do you know why mine is not the same as yours?

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Ah it is because you are using the Lat/long route map. The option is not available for that map type. Can you accomplish what you need using the standard map cards?

• Lauren_Kerl1
    Options

@colemenwilson oh yes it is a lat/long map and I need to use it to properly display the data. There is no other way to just hide one legend and show the other?

• ColemenWilson
    Options

Okay. I am trying to replicate this issue but I only see one legend when I build a lat/long route card. Can you share a screenshot of your card configuration? Like this:

• Lauren_Kerl1
    Lauren_Kerl1 Member
    edited June 2023
    Options
  • ColemenWilson
    edited June 2023 Answer ✓
    Options

The legend on the right relates to the color grouping which is the last input you shared above. The bottom legend is the size of route markers. They will be bigger or smaller depending on the values you assign them and the legend shows the value scale so those viewing the card know what the relative sizes represent. There does not appear to be a way to hide this without also hiding the color grouping legend. If it were me I would hide all legends and then add a card to the dashboard next to the map card with a legend of what the map colors represent.

You can also submit a product request in the ideas exchange: https://community-forums.domo.com/main/categories/ideas

• Lauren_Kerl1
    Options

That is what I was thinking of doing, thank you @colemenwilson!