Is there a better way to play with Table Totals/subtotals?

Options

Hi domo community, question.

I'm having hard time getting my totals to look the way I want to look on a table, the perfect collapsed view would be

If add and extra column and hide totals/subtotals and suppress ingle items in subtotals looks ok on expanded view (Image 1.1), But if I collapse it looks like image 1.2

Let me know your thoughts, I always have problems when I try to mirror financial reports (I hope I was clear enough :/ )

Lilia

Tagged:

Best Answer

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are limitations on how Pivot Tables are shown there is an open Idea you can support:

For your specific purpose you might be able to get it to look the way you want by:

• Leave the Suppress Single Line items option unchecked.
    • While in Analyzer, hover over the first entry in the Currency Column, and you'll see a plus/minus sign appear on the right side (only visible by hovering) this will allow you to configure all the data after it to be collapsed by default when looking at the table, while still allowing your users to expand it as needed when they want to go into more detail on the underlying data.

Let me know if that helps.

Answers

• marcel_luthi
    marcel_luthi Coach
    Answer ✓
    Options

There are limitations on how Pivot Tables are shown there is an open Idea you can support:

For your specific purpose you might be able to get it to look the way you want by:

• Leave the Suppress Single Line items option unchecked.
    • While in Analyzer, hover over the first entry in the Currency Column, and you'll see a plus/minus sign appear on the right side (only visible by hovering) this will allow you to configure all the data after it to be collapsed by default when looking at the table, while still allowing your users to expand it as needed when they want to go into more detail on the underlying data.

Let me know if that helps.