One instance ,want to create a sandbox and prod environment

Options

Hi All ,

Need your experts help on giving your valuable inputs/ideas .We have only one instance but for security we want to separate out into sandbox area and prod area. Can you please throw some idea if I could restrict self serve users to only sandbox area where they could create cards/dashboards and then prod area where they can only view (not edit) ?

Do we have the option of applying security in DOMO ?

Best Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can go to developer.domo.com and create a developer instance for free and then invite your users to that instance as your sandbox instance. You can then use your main instance as your prod instance and set permissions as needed.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.
  • MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The developer instance is free. There is no direct tie to your prod instance. You would need to manually create dataflows or datasets in each instance.

If you are looking for migration options, you would want to consider the Sandbox feature, but it is a premium feature. You can read the KB article here: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4403367344023?language=en_US

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

You can go to developer.domo.com and create a developer instance for free and then invite your users to that instance as your sandbox instance. You can then use your main instance as your prod instance and set permissions as needed.

• Ajita
    Ajita Member
    Options

Thanks a lot for your response ,would check and update

• Ajita
    Ajita Member
    Options

Hi @MarkSnodgrass ,Is the developer instance free for organization ? How would the migration happen from developer instance to Prod instance ?

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓
    Options

The developer instance is free. There is no direct tie to your prod instance. You would need to manually create dataflows or datasets in each instance.

If you are looking for migration options, you would want to consider the Sandbox feature, but it is a premium feature. You can read the KB article here: https://domo-support.domo.com/s/article/4403367344023?language=en_US