card design troubleshoot

I'm trying to recreate an excel graph in Domo. I have attached a screenshot of the excel graph I am trying to recreate.

They are needing the week number on the x axis, and the distinction between the vertical bars represented with the blue and orange colors. The vertical bars represent net shipment (shipment less returns). Blue means that a customer is "resource sharing" aka "true" and orange means they are "not resource sharing" aka "false". The gray line represents avail for sale.

I tried doing this with a Line+stack chart and utilizing the trellis settings. But this created 2 obstacles.

1. the bars are placed into 2 sections (true or false), so they will have to manually add the total of true and false, rather than stacking them
  2. The available for sale numbers, shown by the line, do not yet have customers associated with them to make them fall into "true" or "false" and therefore it creates a 3rd category of Null that they fall into.

For additional info, Available for sale numbers (horizantal line) and net shipment (vertical bars) will always have the same collection date (the x axis weeks).

excel graph to recreate:

failed attempt in Domo:

Here is why Available for Sale numbers do not have customers and therefore true/faluse resource sharing buckets. Part of available for sale is that it must have a product status of L for labeled. But the products do not get a customer until the product has been shipped, which is a different status.

Tagged:

Best Answer

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jbrorby You can achieve this using a Stacked Bar + Line chart without the Trellis Settings. In order to stack the bars, you will need to create two separate beast modes for True and False values:

For true:

sum(case when test = 'True' then lte_ibd_transaction.net_shipment_count else 0 end)

For false:

sum(case when test = 'False' then lte_ibd_transaction.net_shipment_count else 0 end)

Then you can place both of these fields in the "Series" spot in Analyzer. In order to show the table below the graph like in your Excel version, check the box under Chart Properties > Data Table > Show Data Table

Answers

• MichelleH
    MichelleH Coach
    Answer ✓

@Jbrorby You can achieve this using a Stacked Bar + Line chart without the Trellis Settings. In order to stack the bars, you will need to create two separate beast modes for True and False values:

For true:

sum(case when test = 'True' then lte_ibd_transaction.net_shipment_count else 0 end)

For false:

sum(case when test = 'False' then lte_ibd_transaction.net_shipment_count else 0 end)

Then you can place both of these fields in the "Series" spot in Analyzer. In order to show the table below the graph like in your Excel version, check the box under Chart Properties > Data Table > Show Data Table