Use Empty csv in ETL

Greetings!

I am sending csv reports to box and using the Advanced box connector to retrieve the files and add them to a magic ETL. The reports from the current and previous years work great. I would like to set up this process to run through 2026 so I am sending empty reports for 2024-2026. They currently populate box with csv's with headers only and no data. The box file connector does not import the header even with EMPTY COLUMN HEADERS parameter set to 'Add blank columns'. Because Domo will not import the headers, I cannot use it in a magic ETL that appends the files with previous time periods.

Does anyone have an example of how to do this? Maybe where an exception/QA file is used in a dataflow and does not always contain records?

Thank you for your consideration!

Sarah

Best Answer

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Would it work to add a single row to your report that you can then filter out in your first magic ETL dataflow? That might be the easiest solution.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.

Answers

• MarkSnodgrass
    Answer ✓

Would it work to add a single row to your report that you can then filter out in your first magic ETL dataflow? That might be the easiest solution.

**Check out my Domo Tips & Tricks Videos

**Make sure to <3 any users posts that helped you.
    **Please mark as accepted the ones who solved your issue.