Pivot table field total and sub total options

dacorson
dacorson Member
edited March 2023 in Charting

I created a pivot table and I noticed that the fileds now have options to hide totals and sub totals. But when I check the options, it doesn't seem to do anything. I have columns "division", "category", and "subcategory". I have sub totals enabled and I want to add the item number and the item description. However, now I have a sub total line for item due to adding the item description. When I hide sub total on the item field, it still displays the same sub total. Am I missing something on how this is supposed to work?

Tagged:

Best Answer

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

Its hard to visualize what you are describing without a mockup or screenshot of your data. Perhaps the datatypes are not allowing something to total? If I had a list of things and only one column had numbers, I would expect the number column to total but not the other columns.

If I'm aggregating totals, I can count the non numeric items but I can't total (sum) them.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **

Answers

• ArborRose
    ArborRose Coach
    Answer ✓

Its hard to visualize what you are describing without a mockup or screenshot of your data. Perhaps the datatypes are not allowing something to total? If I had a list of things and only one column had numbers, I would expect the number column to total but not the other columns.

If I'm aggregating totals, I can count the non numeric items but I can't total (sum) them.

** Was this post helpful? Click Agree or Like below. **
    ** Did this solve your problem? Accept it as a solution! **