Can I create a pivot table using values from another pivot table?
Hello, please I need help here.
I have a pivot table [IMG1] with the following data:
- Alarm ID
- No. of attempts before resolving (or basically number of attempts associated with the alarm ID)
- SF Alarm Count ('1', since we only have 1 alarm per alarm ID)
So here's the output that we want to achieve [shown in IMG2]:
- Column 1: will show the number of attempts before resolving
- Column 2: will show the number of alarms resolved with the number of attempts in column 1.
For example: based from the image above:
We have 1 alarm resolved after 45 attempts.
We have 2 alarms resolved after 30 attempts.
We have 1 alarm resolved after 20 attempts
We have 2 alarms resolved after 19 attempts.
We have 3 alarms resolved after 15 attempts, etc.
3. Column 3 = Column 1 x Column 2
Please help me and thank you in advance.
In IMG1 is the reason it is a pivot table that you are summing column 2?
I would suggest using Magic ETL and a group by to create the data as it is in IMG1, then it is as simple as creating a beast mode to multiply your columns:
I'm making assumptions based on what I think the shape of your data is to provide the sample ETL below, if this doesn't work please provide some sample data.
Assumed data shape:
Group by magic etl:
Data output, note you could also add a constant column to get your '1' for each row if so inclined:0
- 10.5K All Categories
- 6 Connect
- 916 Connectors
- 250 Workbench
- 463 Transform
- 1.7K Magic ETL
- 69 SQL DataFlows
- 476 Datasets
- 189 Visualize
- 252 Beast Mode
- 2.1K Charting
- 11 Variables
- 78 Cards, Dashboards, Stories
- 17 Automate
- 354 APIs & Domo Developer
- 89 Apps
- 3 Workflows
- 20 Predict
- 5 Jupyter Workspaces
- 15 R & Python Tiles
- 246 Distribute
- 62 Domo Everywhere
- 243 Scheduled Reports
- 21 Manage
- 42 Governance & Security
- 172 Product Ideas
- 1.2K Ideas Exchange
- 11 Community Forums
- 27 Getting Started
- 14 Community Member Introductions
- 55 Community News
- 4.5K Archive